There has been this tag going around on Facebook where everyone lists their top 12 albums of all time. I wasn't going to do it as I was so interested in seeing other people's lists but then I just decided to bite the bullet and try. I don't think it is an overreaction on my part to say that this is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I knew it would be hard but I had no idea the panic, sweat and anxiety that this would bring for something that is supposed to be fun. Somehow I (barely) made it through and posted it on my Facebook. I decided to share it here as well but with a few minor changes. Somewhere around 13 changes. The addition of 13 more albums. Here we go!
1. Sarah Vaughan with Clifford Brown
2. Monty Alexander - Goin' Yard
3. U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
4. Roy Hargrove Quintet - Earfood
5. André Previn & LSO - The Nutcracker
6. The Who - Who's Next
7. Stevie Wonder - With a Song in my Heart
8. Benny Green and Russell Malone - Jazz at the Bistro
9. Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
10. Judy Garland - Judy at Carnegie Hall
11. Singers Unlimted - Christmas
12. Oscar Peterson - With Respect to Nat
13. Ron Sexsmith - Long Player Late Bloomer
14. Ella Fitzgerald & Count Basie - A Classy Pair
15. Brandi Carlile - Brandi Carlile
16. Harry Belafonte - Belafonte at Carnegie Hall
17. Jamie Cullum - Pointless Nostalgic
18. Frank Sinatra - The Concert Sinatra
19. Audrey Morris - Film Noir
20. Joe Williams with the Count Basie Orchestra - Live at Orchestra Hall
21. The Beatles - Meet The Beatles!
22. Bob Marley & The Wailers - Natty Dread
23. Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
24. Diana Krall - Glad Rag Doll
25. Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen - This is All I Ask
So there you have it. My top 25 albums (in no particular order! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?!) of all time. If you haven't already tried this then stop laughing at what you think is an over exaggeration of frustration and get to work. You will quickly realize this is not easy. If it is then you don't listen to enough music.
Have a lovely weekend!